What should I consider when looking for a location for my affiliate?
Repeatedly dropping heavy things might result in some damage to your floor or the building itself. For CrossFit affiliates, this damage can be expensive to repair and dangerous for your members, and it can affect your bottom line. As you hunt for the perfect location for your affiliate, keep a few things in mind:
- Look for something on the bottom floor of the building.
- Consider the year the building was constructed and the dates of any renovations or other construction.
- Have a structural engineer review the space before you sign the lease.
- Inform the landlord of exactly what you will be doing if you lease it.
- Review the lease agreement and make sure you understand who is responsible should any damage occur to the premises, and carefully consider the flooring in the space.
- Consider how you are going to protect the building from damage, especially due to dropped weights.
There was an article published in the CrossFit Journal which discusses this topic in detail and may be helpful. You can find it here.